Instructions Clearcoat 2K
- Reflow technology: high resistance to microrayado (washing tunnels) and chemical products.
- Ideal for complete or partial painting of models.
- Fully adapted to current VOC standards.
- Varnish with high solids content
- Gloss / Satin / Matt finishing varnish.
- Isocyanate-free PU varnishes.
2 parts clearcoat + 1 part activator + 1 part 2k thinner
These are the recommended proportions, any change in these proportions may result in changes in the final result.
The application must always be carried out in the following sequence:
- 1st Clearcoat
- 2nd Activator
- mix Both products
- 3rd Thinner
Mix everything between 18 to 19 sec and product ready to be applied.
- Apply two coats: 5 to 10 minutes between hands.
(2 parts clearcoat = 5ml + 1 part activator = 2.5ml + 1 part 2k thinner = 3.5ml (half the amount of the varnish mixture with the activator)
* Enough for a 1:24 scale model
Application in smooth layers with recommended solvent time between 3 to 5 minutes between hands, for thicker layers 5 to 10 minutes.
In environments with temperatures below 20ºC, we recommend between 10 and 15 minutes between hands.
Tip: Application on decals, we advise the following application.
- - Apply the clearcoat in one or two very smooth coats and let it dry for 24 hours, in this way you will greatly reduce the risk of a reaction between the decal and the varnish.
- - After drying, pass a fine sandpaper type 2000 or 3000 wet over the clearcoat and clean the surface.
- - Then you can apply one or two thicker layers of clearcoat, because here the decal will already be protected with the dry layer applied previously and so you will have your perfect model and without damage to the decals.
Airbrush or pistol.
- We recommend using it with needles from 0.2 to 1.4 mm, being ideal for airbrushes between 0.2 to 0.4 mm and for pistols between 0.6 to 1.4 mm.
- Recommended pressure for airbrush 1.5 to 2.0 bar and spray gun 2.0 to 3.0 bar
- drying times
- Air drying time is 24 hours at 20ºC minimum or 2 hours at 48ºC
Note: It is not recommended to use these paints in cold or very humid environments, always check the conditions of the space where you will paint.
Cleaning of tools can be done with acetone or Airbrush Clean.
Note: never use cellulose thinner or alcohol.
Contains : n-butyl acetate
Reaction mass of bis(1,2,2,6,6-pentamethyl-4-piperidyl) sebacate and methyl 1,2,2,6,6-pentamethyl-4-piperidyl sebacate 2,3-epoxypropyl neodecanoate
Isocyanate-free PU varnishes.
- H226 - Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H317 - May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H336 - May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- H412 - Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
Health and Safety Notes:
- - Wear protective gloves.
- - Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other sources of ignition. Do not smoke.
- - Avoid release to the environment.
- - Avoid breathing vapour.
- Work in a well-ventilated area and always wear a mask and keep away from children.
- Tighten the cap securely after each use.
- DO NOT USE NEAR HEAT, SPARKS OR FLAMES DURING THE PAINTING PROCESS
- Harmful by inhalation, irritating to eyes. Keep away from sources of ignition. SMOKING PROHIBITED.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and consult a doctor.
- Wear suitable gloves.
- Use in a well-ventilated area.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- In case of intoxication contact 112 / 911
For use and exclusive sale to over-age modelers (18 years old)