The chrome Fire Scale Color is designed to achieve an 80-90% mirror effect, currently the best chrome effect pigment on the market, which guarantees a perfect paint job even for less experienced pattern makers.
Opaque colors with good coverage and constant fluidity that guarantee a high quality paint, no need for dilution, ready to use in an airbrush
Note: All trademarks or names that may appear on Fire Scale Modeler websites belong to their respective trademark owners. Fire Scale Modeler does not claim any endorsement, connection or association or affiliation with the trademark owners.
A trademark or brand name is referred to, it is only used to describe or identify vehicles where the color is or was used. It is in no way an assertion that such products are endorsed or connected to, associated with, linked to or affiliated with the brand in question.
Preparation and base
- Start by washing the model and let the model dry.
- Prime with a Gray Primer FSC013 or Dark Gray Primer FSC051 in thin, smooth layers and allow to dry for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, then wet with 2000 grit sandpaper to smooth the primer and allow to dry.
- This is the most important step. Apply the Black FSC001 color foundation in thin, smooth layers and let it dry for approximately 30 minutes.
- After applying the black base and after it has dried well, apply a layer of Clear Gloss VFC002 varnish (100/50/50 mixture) eg: 10ml varnish / 5ml thinner/5ml activator, waiting for 5 to 10 min. between layers. Allow to dry at room temperature 24 -72 hours (attention in winter periods possibly longer)
Make sure the varnish is completely hardened.
Note: Pay attention if there is dust or irregularities on the surface, if there is sand and remove, if necessary polish it ( do not use wax ).
Important: The black base should reflect as much as possible, that's the only way to get an excellent chrome (if you can see the time on the model, it's perfect)
- Shake the bottle well and place it in the airbrush, adjusting it to a pressure of 2 bars and apply the chrome from a distance of approximately 20 cm.
- Apply several thin coats, ensuring you apply with more air than chrome, so it doesn't build up too much and get a mirror.
- Leave to dry in a dry and moisture-free place for 24 hours.
Note: You may notice that the chrome is dull and with metallic chrome dust, don't be scared, it will solve in the next step.
1. - After the chrome dries, remove metallic dust with a very soft and wide brush (like the ladies' manicure), in very smooth strokes so as not to create scratches on the chrome.
Application of special varnish for chrome
- Mix the final clear coat for chrome Clear Gloss Chrome in a proportion of 100 - 20 (Ex: 10ml Clear and 2ml Activator). Apply 2 hands (with approx. 5 min between layers) and leave to dry in a dry place for 24 hours.
- After the varnish is dry, you can apply masks, other colors, oils or decals (tested with the most aggressive decal application products).
NEVER USE White Spirt, Acrylic Thinners or Cellulose Thinner are not suitable for this paint.
We do not recommend the use of paints in cold environments or with high humidity, always check the conditions of the space where you will be painting.
Tool cleaning can be done with acetone or our Cleaners , never use cellulose thinner or alcohol.
Always work in a well-ventilated area and always wear a mask, keep away from children and tighten the cap for safety and conditioning of the product after each use.
Health and Safety Notes:
- Harmful by inhalation, irritating to eyes.
- -Keep away from sources of ignition.
- NO SMOKING .
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and consult a doctor.
- Wear suitable gloves.
- Use in a well-ventilated area.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- In case of intoxication contact 112
DO NOT USE NEAR A SOURCE OF HEAT, SPARKS OR FLAMES DURING THE PAINTING OR STORAGE PROCESS.
For exclusive use and sale to pattern makers (18 years old)